AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS – JULY 19, 2021 – KRAFTON, Inc. today detailed its PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS collaboration with Tottenham Hotspur F.C. player and captain of the South Korean national team, Son Heung-min. The collaboration, which runs from July through October, includes an in-game event and the opportunity for players to earn or purchase exclusive Son-themed in-game items. As part of the partnership, KRAFTON will also give away real-world Level 3 helmets autographed by Son.
“After being a player of PUBG since its launch, I am thrilled to be able to work directly with KRAFTON on this amazing partnership,” said Son Heung-Min. “KRAFTON designed a character that looks just like me, and the skins mirror my style. I would love to win a chicken dinner with my character.”
PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS X SON HEUNG-MIN DETAILS
- Sonny Collaboration Event - From July 21 through Aug. 3, players can participate in special in-game event missions* to earn points that can be used to acquire exclusive Son-themed items like his Level 3 helmet and Contraband coupons. Additional details will be shared soon on https://battlegrounds.pubg.com.
- Son Heung-Min In-Game Items For Purchase - If players aren’t able to complete the above Event Missions, they will still have the chance to purchase Son-themed cosmetic items in-game from July 21 through Oct. 20. Thirteen distinct items will be available for purchase, which include but are not limited to:
- Son’s hair and face (sold as a set)
- x2 sets of Son-themed clothes
- x2 sets of Son-themed emotes
- x2 weapons
- Real-World Level 3 Helmet Signed by Son - Players who earn the in-game Son-themed Level 3 helmet during the Sonny Collaboration Event period will be automatically entered for the chance to win one of five real-world Level 3 helmets autographed by Son. Results will be announced on Aug. 11 at https://battlegrounds.pubg.com.
* Only players who currently own the PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS game as of July 21, 2021 are eligible to win
KRAFTON, Inc. is a collective of independent game development studios brought together to create innovative and engaging entertainment experiences for gamers across the world. The company consists of PUBG Studios, Bluehole Studio, Striking Distance Studios, RisingWings, and Dreamotion, each with its own unique expertise.
KRAFTON is responsible for premier entertainment properties including PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS, PUBG: NEW STATE, The Callisto Protocol, TERA, and ELYON. As a technology-driven company that boasts world-class capabilities, KRAFTON seeks to expand its areas of business beyond games to multimedia entertainment and deep learning. For more information about KRAFTON, please visit www.krafton.com.