AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS – AUG. 10, 2021 – KRAFTON, Inc. today announced that PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS is celebrating the end of Summer by hosting a Free Play Week, during which players can experience the full game completely free on PC. Free Play Week is running now through Aug. 16 on Steam.
Players new to the game will have complete access to the game and can play the latest updates and content drops, including:
- All Featured Maps - During Free Play Week, all maps will be available for players to experience, inclusive of the recently released 8x8 South Korea-set map, Taego. Other maps in the current “Normal Map” rotation include Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok, Vikendi and Karakin.
- Zombie Survival - Through PUBG LABS, players can squad up and attempt to make it through 10 stages of various zombie waves. Earn Survival Coins and purchase stronger equipment to increase your chances of survival. Additional details are available here.
- BLACKPINK x PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS - Commemorating the collaboration, various BLACKPINK-themed elements will be applied to the maps in PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS. Elements, which include building decals, plane banners, and thematic changes to supply crates and LV.3 helmets. Select in-game BLACKPINK-themed items are also available for purchase. Additional details are available here.
- Survivor Pass: Taego - Players can purchase this in-game pass and level it up to earn a variety of in-game items, including exclusive character and weapon skins.
- Global Account Event - Be sure to create a Global Account and link it to Steam during Free Play Week to earn the exclusive “Traditional Glasses-Round” in-game item. Creating a Global Account during Free Play Week will also allow you to retain all stats, earned in-game items, Survivor Pass progress once the Free Play Week has ended.
KRAFTON, Inc. is a collective of independent game development studios brought together to create innovative and engaging entertainment experiences for gamers across the world. The company consists of PUBG Studios, Bluehole Studio, Striking Distance Studios, RisingWings, and Dreamotion, each with its own unique expertise.
KRAFTON is responsible for premier entertainment properties including PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS, PUBG: NEW STATE, The Callisto Protocol, TERA, and ELYON. As a technology-driven company that boasts world-class capabilities, KRAFTON seeks to expand its areas of business beyond games to multimedia entertainment and deep learning. For more information about KRAFTON, please visit www.krafton.com.