AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS - 4 MARCH, 2021 – Today KRAFTON, Inc., responsible for entertainment properties such as PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG), shared details on its upcoming Survival Tournament - a one off speciality tournament taking place as part of the global LAN/online hybrid esports festival PUBG GLOBAL INVITATIONAL.S (PGI.S).
The PGI.S Survival Tournament will run for three days from March 5 - 7. A total of 32 teams will be organized into eight groups of four based on their week three performance at PGI.S. The eight rosters with the highest scores from the group matches will advance to the final stages, where they will compete for a place in the final four. Being a speciality tournament, the ruleset has been tweaked to maximize action, with shorter Blue Zones creating faster paced matches which allow more action to be packed into a shorter round. Fans of PUBG esports will be able to follow all of the action live in various languages on the following channels:
- English - https://www.twitch.tv/pubg
- English - https://www.youtube.com/pubgesports
- Russian - https://www.twitch.tv/PUBG_CIS
- Russian - https://www.youtube.com/PUBG_RU
- Russian - https://vk.com/playpubg
- Turkish - https://www.twitch.tv/pubgtvturkiye
- Finnish - https://www.twitch.tv/pubg_finland/
- Czech - https://www.twitch.tv/amidivine
- German - https://www.twitch.tv/beingesports
- Hungarian - https://www.twitch.tv/omgezjonesy
- Spanish - https://www.facebook.com/jovenzero
- French - https://www.twitch.tv/carazwolf
- PGI.S VOTER’S PARACHUTE BUNDLE + (2 voting coupons)
- PGI.S VOTER’S SLR BUNDLE + (2 voting coupons)
- PGI.S VOTER’S MOSIN NAGANT BUNDLE + (2 voting coupons)
- PGI.S VOTER’S SCAR-L BUNDLE + (2 voting coupons)
- PGI.S VOTER’S MINI14 BUNDLE + (2 voting coupons)
- PGI.S HYDRODIP WEAPON PACK + (11 voting coupons)
The 32 teams from eight different regions will continue to compete at PGI.S until March 28, where they will fight for a share of the $3.5 million prize money - cash payouts will continue to increase every week.
For the latest information on PUBG esports, please visit https://www.pubgesports.com/en or follow the official Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube channels. For further assets and press releases, visit the official PUBG esports press room.
KRAFTON, Inc. is a collective of independent game development teams responsible for various entertainment properties, including PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, ELYON, and TERA. The name, which is derived from the word craftsmanship, is an acknowledgement of the company’s never-ending pursuit of innovation and creating engaging experiences. KRAFTON currently consists of PUBG Studio, Striking Distance Studios, Bluehole Studio, and RisingWings. For more information about KRAFTON, please visit https://www.krafton.com.