SANTA MONICA, CALIF - Oct.14 - PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS Update 14.1 is now live on console, following the PC Live Servers opening up last week. With this update, players are able to embrace the Halloween spirit early as key areas throughout the Erangel map are now updated with “spooky” decorations. This includes new weather effects - including fog and a unique moon color - which can be found in key points of interest throughout the map.
Full 14.1 PC patch notes can be found HERE and console patch notes can be found HERE. The recent patch report video HERE.
See below for a full rundown of Update 14.1:
- New Gameplay Feature - Carry: Available on all maps, players are now able to pick up downed players, opening up a variety of new strategies. Carry a downed ally to safety and revive them while behind cover or pick up a downed enemy and use them as a shield against incoming fire.
- New Ranked Season: Update 14.1 introduces a new ranked season, meaning all rewards earned during the Ranked Season 13 have been automatically added to players’ inventory. Ranked Season 14 will run for two months, similar to recent ranked seasons.
- Taego Tweaks: The map sees a variety of world improvements based on player data collected throughout the last few months. After looking at the map’s most popular combat zones, objects and terrain improvements have been made to areas with a 75 percent win rate or higher. The map also now includes Error Spaces, which spawn weapons and supplies that were otherwise exclusive to other maps. Error Spaces are available in Normal, Ranked and Custom Matches on Taego.
- Erangel Adjustments: In addition to the aforementioned Halloween-themed updates, Erangel sees updates made to the Pochinki drop point. Until Update 14.1, players have found it challenging to escape Pochinki after early match combat without a vehicle. As a result, adjustments have been made to the Church building and new waterways, cover and fences have been added.
- Map Rotation: With 14.1, Taego and Paramo replace Vikendi and Karakin in Normal matches. Taego and Paramo also replaced Sanhok and Vikendi in Ranked matches. The current map rotation for matches is the following:
- Normal Matches:
- Ranked Matches:
- Normal Matches:
KRAFTON, Inc. is a collective of independent game development studios brought together to create innovative and engaging entertainment experiences for gamers across the world. The company consists of PUBG Studios, Bluehole Studio, Striking Distance Studios, RisingWings, and Dreamotion, each with its own unique expertise.
KRAFTON is responsible for premier entertainment properties including PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS, PUBG: NEW STATE, The Callisto Protocol, TERA, and ELYON. As a technology-driven company that boasts world-class capabilities, KRAFTON seeks to expand its areas of business beyond games to multimedia entertainment and deep learning. For more information about KRAFTON, please visit www.krafton.com.